Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My travels on the ocean.

so, after doing some searches of distances, I can tell you that it is roughly 7,357 nm from San Diego, CA to Abu Dhabi, UAE as the crow flies. We didn’t go as the crow flies and spend a lot of time backtracking and stopping for ports of call and the like. I made that trip, and back again, twice so that would put it at least 30,000 nm. I saw another post that put the journey to the Persian Gulf at around 12,000 nm and that would put me at at least 48,000 nm.

So, I’m guessing it’s in the neighborhood of 50,000 nm with all the deployments, drills, time on station and various trips to and from ports of call. Of course this is just a slightly educated wild ass guess.

In that time I visited: Phillipines (multiple times), Hong Kong (x2), Singapore (x2), Australia (x2), Abu Dhabi, Korea, Hawaii (x2 and later stationed there), Thailand (x2), Diego Garcia.

That’s a lot of miles

No comments: