Monday, December 26, 2011

it was a good day

Christmas is always filled with a ton of anxiety for me, but today was pretty good and I feel at ease as it is ending.

I got some socks and underwear, which were needed, I also received two painting, one of Santa and one my daughter made. It was this one that touched me the most. She bought the canvas, painted it and stenciled it with some of the lyrics from Blue October's 'Retarded Disfigured Clown'. Specifically the line, "I am not perfect, nor do I strive to be". I love that poem and that line in particular. Those made gifts mean a lot to me. She gets me. I liked it.

Past that, it was just a good day. Everyone was in good spirits and there were no fight and we got some time to play some games, Bananagrams and Apples to Apples. It was fun...and I won more than I lost.

So, in summation - it was a good day.

No comments: