Saturday, December 3, 2011

Rant on 'Do They Know It's Christmas?'

Oh, how this song pisses me off -

First we have the line:

“Well tonight thank God it’s them instead of you”

Really? We should thank god (even though I don’t believe in one) that someone else is suffering instead of us suffering? Wow.

Then:

“Here’s to you…

Raise a glass for everyone

Here’s to them

Underneath that burning sun”

Okay. So, while you’re partying and having a good time, how about a toast to those that are starving and dying? I mean, it’s almost the least you can do.

Maybe the point really is to try get people to wake up and think, but I really just can’t stand this song. At least it did start the Live Aid phenomenon that eventually did some good and got Bob Geldof a knighthood.

Maybe I’m just being too critical of the song. What do you think?

No comments: